- The House of Representatives has a new, compromised stimulus bill for $1.5 trillion dollars which includes a second stimulus check.
- Leader of the Democrats and Speaker of the House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi, announced this Tuesday morning that the House of Representatives will not go back on vacation until the Republicans and Democrats reach an agreement on the stimulus package.
- There is growing pressure on Nancy Pelosi from within her own party to pass a stimulus package.
- 117 Democratic Congressman are calling on Nancy Pelosi to take action. Now, the House Democratic Caucus and the bipartisan Problem Solvers Caucus are adding pressure on Pelosi to accept an offer.
- Thank you to all the 50,000 supporters that contributed your name to our petition that adds pressure on Nancy Pelosi and the politicians to pass a stimulus package.
- Thank you to Stephen Gardner, a dear friend and fellow YouTuber, and his great community for adding your names to our petition and for fighting for the American People and this Great Country.
If you are frustrated that the politicians are playing games with our money, you are not alone. Mounting pressure against Nancy Pelosi made her announce that the House of Representatives will stay in session until a stimulus package is passed.
Pelosi said this morning on CNBC that
“we are committed to staying here until we have an agreement – an agreement that meets the needs of the American People.”
The House of Representatives returned from vacation yesterday and they will be releasing the details of their newest stimulus package later today, but we already know what’s in it. The stimulus bill is coming from a group of 50 Republicans and Democrats, known as the Problem Solvers Caucus, and it will cost $1.5 trillion dollars.
To refresh you, the Democrats said they wanted to spend $3.4 trillion dollars and they compromised down to $2.2 trillion dollars. The Republicans wanted to spend no more than $1 trillion dollars and they compromised upwards to $1.3 trillion dollars.
So the Republicans want $1.3 trillion dollars and the Democrats want $2.2 trillion dollars and this new stimulus bill is in between those two figures at $1.5 trillion dollars. And again, this new stimulus bill is a product of both Republicans and Democrats working together.
This stimulus package would include:
- a second stimulus check for $1,200
- the extension of federal unemployment benefits
- rental assistance
- mortgage assistance
- money for schools
- more money for the self-employed and small business owners with a second round of PPP
- money for food assistance programs
- money for the Post Office
- money for state and local governments
- money to fight against Covid-19
These are the items that are known to be part of the bill, and the details will be released today.
We are waiting on the details of who would receive the second stimulus check. It is expected that the same income limits would apply for the second stimulus check as the first stimulus check. It is expected that all dependents would qualify for the second stimulus check, because some dependents were excluded in the first stimulus check.
For the extension of unemployment benefits, it is expected that the terms will be $450 a week for the first eight weeks. Then it would increase to $600 a week after that, but the benefits would be capped at 100% of a person’s salary. The Republicans are compromising here because the Republicans previously wanted it to be $300 a week.
The Republicans are offering a big compromise on the state and local government assistance because there would be $500 billion dollars for state and local government funding. Originally, the Republicans offered $0.
There would be $25 billion dollars allocated for rental assistance and mortgage assistance in order to fight off evictions.
The entire stimulus package would cost $1.52 trillion dollars and would come with terms that if the Covid-19 situation worsens, it would make available another $500 billion dollars to increase the total stimulus package to $2 trillion dollars.
There are many politicians that are recognizing that politics are being prioritized over the American People.
“this back-and-forth doesn’t help my community. It doesn’t help people in my district who need it”.
Congressman Max Rose said that
“it is a middle finger to the American People to pass the government funding bill and not a stimulus package bill.”
“the people are hurting now and they urgently need help”.
We’re glad to see mounting pressure by the lower-level politicians calling for the passage of the stimulus package before the elections.
- The United States reported 33,826 new cases and 418 fatalities on Monday, this is according to the John Hopkins University.
- Some countries across the globe are doing better than others.
- Japan reported its lowest daily case count in two months.
- Hong Kong did a mass testing of 1.8 million people and only found 38 Covid-19 cases. Therefore, they are easing restrictions.
- Israel is reporting record high figures and are reimposing a general lockdown this Friday for three weeks.