- Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, and Chuck Schumer had a stimulus meeting on Thursday and they all agree to a large, all-or-nothing stimulus package.
- The leader of the Republicans in the stimulus negotiations, Mitch McConnell, says that he wants a highly targeted stimulus package in order to fix the remaining problems in the United States.
- The Democrats are relying on Joe Biden to use his 36 years of experience in the Senate and his connections to work out a deal with Mitch McConnell and the Republicans.
- Senator Richard Shelby of the Appropriations Committee, says a lot of progress is being made on the government funding bill.
- The Senate Republicans says that Nancy Pelosi, leader of the House of Representatives, has been very cooperative.
- President Trump will be creating his own news channel to compete with Fox News, because Fox was the first news outlet to say that Biden won Arizona.
- President Trump was very upset about that and Trump’s team says that he plans to wreck Fox, no doubt about it.
- Rupert Murdoch, the owner of Fox News, responded by saying “we love competition, we have always thrived with competition”.
- A constitutional lawyer said that if President Trump does not concede, it doesn’t matter because the Constitution does not require the sitting President to take any action to transfer power.
- The allegiance of the government and the military switches to the winner of the November 3rd election on January 20th.
- President Trump is telling his advisors that he’s going to announce his bid to run for President again in 2024 right after Biden is certified as the winner.
- We hit a new all-time daily high for Covid cases in the United States and Dr. William Shaffner, told Americans to have a virtual Thanksgiving.
The top Democrats, Biden, Pelosi, and Schumer all got together on Thursday to discuss the urgent need to pass the stimulus package. They all agree that we need a $3.4 trillion dollar stimulus package. Senate Majority leader Mitch McConnell, who is the leader of the Republicans in the stimulus package negotiations, went in front of reporters and said that it’s better to pass a highly targeted bill aimed at the remaining problems.
McConnell proceeded to say
“the Democrats are stilling looking at something dramatically larger. That’s not a place I think we’re willing to go.”
Pelosi responded by saying that the Republicans continue to lack compassion and empathy with their $500 billion dollar stimulus proposal. Pelosi said the Republicans
“seem to have a mental block for doing the right thing, a moral block for respecting what it is doing to American families”.
The Democrats are relying on Joe Biden to use his 36 years of experience in the Senate and all his relationships he’s built, to work out a deal with the Republicans. Biden and McConnell go back 40 years and they have a good relationship.
If you are wondering what happened to Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, who was the lead negotiator for the Republicans, he has not spoken with Pelosi since the elections. The stimulus package negotiations continue today, but it doesn’t appear like they’re making progress.
The politicians in both the House and the Senate are reported to be making major progress on the government spending bill due December 11th.
Senators described both party leaders as “cooperative” and say the negotiations are working smoothly.
In the event that President Trump officially loses the election and he refuses to concede, there will not be much drama. John Yoo, a constitutional law scholar and a Berkeley Law Professor who has previously advised President Trump on legal matters explains the situation.
The American Constitution does not require the sitting President to concede. President Trump may never concede and that would not be a problem. According to the 20th Amendment of the Constitution, all of the allegiance of the government, the military, and the civil service switches to the winner of the November 3rd election on January 20th. In this scenario, President Trump would return to becoming a private citizen on January 20th and if Trump refuses to leave the White House, Joe Biden says that he’ll have him escorted off the property.
Analysts are saying that this scenario of Trump being escorted off the White House is highly unlikely because this would ruin Trump’s reputation and it would damage his businesses and any future political ambitions. Additionally, we expect a peaceful transition of power because Trump told his advisors that shortly after Biden is certified as the winner, he’s going to announce his 2024 bid to run for President again.
Presidents are limited to two terms, and they don’t have to be consecutive. The only President to serve two non-consecutive terms was Grover Cleveland who was the 22nd and 24th President.
President Trump is looking into starting his own media channel to compete directly with Fox News, which is a pro-Republican channel. President Trump is upset because Fox News announced that Joe Biden won Arizona. Trump says that Fox News has changed a lot and he had his Senior Advisor call and complain to the owner of Fox News, Rupert Murdoch.
Murdoch stood his ground and said that he invites any competition from President Trump.
- In the United States, we reported 153,496 cases on Thursday and 919 fatalities.
- This is the highest daily case count on record in the US.
- To date, we have recorded 10.5 million cases and 242,000 fatalities in the United States.
- With surging Covid-19 cases, Dr. Schaffner, professor of infectious diseases at Vanderbilt, told people to have a virtual Thanksgiving. He said “we don’t want to give the virus while we’re giving thanks”.