- It’s official, the House of Representatives will call back the politicians from their vacation to vote on the emergency Post Office bill this Saturday.
- President Trump’s executive order on the extension of federal unemployment benefits is expected to begin the last week of August, but some states will begin making those payments sooner.
- If you did not receive the additional $500 stimulus check money for your dependents, such as for your children, the IRS has reopened the stimulus check registration tool to claim that money now instead of waiting for it on your next year’s tax return.
- The Senate Republicans are expected to introduce a new and smaller stimulus package bill today that will extend unemployment benefits, give a second round of PPP money, provide funding for schools, and give $10 billion to the Post Office.
- The Democrats came out swinging against the Republicans at the Democratic Convention.
- Covid-19 cases and fatalities are declining in the United States.
The House of Representatives is coming back early from vacation to vote on the Post Office bill. This has been classified as an emergency and the politicians are evening willing to work on the weekend because this Post Office Bill will be voted on a Saturday. This Bill will prohibit the Post Office from implementing cutbacks until after the election and also give $25 billion of funding to the Post Office.
The Post Office says that due to budget shortfalls and operational cutbacks, they cannot promise to deliver all the mail-in ballots on time to be counted by Election Day. Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi, wrote a letter to the Democrats saying that President Trump is on a campaign to sabotage the election by manipulating the Post Office. President Trump’s executive order of the extension of federal unemployment benefits for $300 a week is expected to begin the last week of August.
The funds will be coming out of FEMA (the Federal Emergency Management Agency). The start date depends on your state and FEMA says that the average start date will be August 29th. FEMA says that some states may see those payments go out much sooner than August 29th.
The states that are expected to begin processing these payments quicker than others include Arizona, Colorado, Iowa, Louisiana, Missouri, New Mexico, and Utah.
FEMA says that some states may roll out these payments slower than others because of outdated computers systems that will have difficulty conforming with the new rules. FEMA is currently saying that they can only guarantee three weeks of the $300 week extension of federal unemployment benefits.
For the previous stimulus check, a lot of people did not receive their $500 for their dependent or dependents. You can either wait to claim that stimulus check money on your next year’s tax return or you can claim that money now.
We put together a clear set of instructions on how to claim that stimulus check money now. That information is on our website, it’s completely free.
New Stimulus Package Bill Details
The Leaders of the Republicans in the Senate will be introducing a new stimulus package bill later today that will cost less than $1 trillion dollars. The proposal will include:
- $300 of extended federal unemployment benefits a week until December
- a second round of PPP money for the self-employed and small businesses
- liability protection
- $29 billion in funding for testing and vaccines
- and $10 billion for the Post office
Republicans are saying that recent improvements in economic data justifies a smaller stimulus package and that it will be more appropriate and fiscally responsible.
Democratic Convention News
The Democratic Convention runs until Thursday this week. The Democrats came out swinging against the Republicans. The Democrats brought Michelle Obama and Four Republicans to badmouth President Trump.
Michelle Obama said that President Trump is incapable as a President and that the United States would suffer more if President Trump is re-elected.
One of the four Republicans brought in to trash talk President Trump was John Kasich. Kasich said that he never dreamed about speaking at a Democratic convention, but he said these are not normal times. Kasich said that the United States needs Biden to beat Trump.
President Trump’s response was:
“The four Republicans featured at the Democrat Convention tonight are nothing but idiots for the radical left”.
President Trump singled out Kasich and said:
“he was a loser as a Republican, and he’ll be a loser as a Democrat”.
- The United States reported 35,112 new cases of Covid-19 and 445 fatalities on Monday, according to the John Hopkins University.
- Schools are exploring all options for what’s best for the students.
- Some classes, in schools and universities, will be held outside when possible, such as in South Dakota.
- Some districts in California will bring elementary students back to school for remote learning. Students will be in the classroom without a teacher. The students will learn remotely from school. The students will be supervised by a substitute teacher that will serve as the kids’ IT support. This is being done to protect the faculty and to help the parents that don’t have childcare options.